By: Janet Davoli, Director of Business Development
In early October, ten women from The Greenery attended the 2018 SiteOne Women in the Green Industry Event: Powered by Happy at the Westin Harbor Golf Resort in Savannah.
What a fun, smart group of women gaining knowledge and networking at this educational conference. front row (L to R): Julie Merante, Melissa Brophy, Janet Davoli, Melissa Brock, Julia Chavelas. Back row (L to R): Jules Bondy, Christine Harden, April Callon, Stephanie Rodriguez and Courtney Schroeder
We believe at The Greenery that our people are the greatest asset we have. This conference complimented our commitment to education and customer service. It was a way to further our team’s knowledge and expertise in their field as well as keep up with the latest in technology innovation in the landscaping industry.
For the past 23 years, this national conference has gathered women from across the country to pursue professional and personal goals within the landscape industry.
With over 150 attendees at this year's Women in the Green Industry Conference, the four-day event featured classes for individuals in all capacities of green industry business. Topics included education, resources, and tools for attendees to increase their personal and professional happiness, to engage and retain passionate employees, and ultimately, increase their business success.
Conference themes highlighted were:
- Irrigation and landscape training with some of the best industry technology
- Activating your personal and professional goals with a vision board workshop
- Recruiting, engaging and retaining top industry talent Keeping customers coming back season after season
- Creating passionate employees with the passion pyramid
- And we networked too! Many enjoyed the historic tours and sights around Savannah, Georgia